Monday, January 6, 2014

The German Iriswiki

First steps with iriswiki.org

After a first small Iriswiki with Google Sites I launched a "real" Iriswiki about one month ago. It is now available for everyone at iriswiki.org or iriswiki.de.
I decided to use the famous Media Wiki in order to get a familiar appearance. Now the skin is wikipedia-like and there are first articles. I think that I will have to bear with the participation of other iris enthusiast at the outset, but I hope that someday iriswiki.org will be able to give information about irises in classified order (above all in German language).
As yet I achieved the support site, an article about Space Age Irises, information for more than 20 TB varieties and some framework.
I wonder whether all German iris breeders will recognize the benefits of a collaborative project...


No comments: